2 Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dolls dreaming of dreaming

 Sitting among my doll friends, drinking oil (we pretend it is tea) and chatting, we began singing this song by The Reborn Identity- a mix of Sarah Maclachlan and The movie, The Elephant man. it is called, "The Elephant Connection"
  Notice this stanza- if you woke to find yourself not quite a person, clockwork,  Persona non Persona, this would sound a bit like your prayers, to your creator.
   I wonder, does it sound like yours, too?

Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday well find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.






It's no surprise that the song was originally written for and performed by the Muppets, a band of misfit personalities controlled by other beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment