2 Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Jazzbeau wows Caledon Glengarry!

Jazzygal said a live band was playing blues and jazz tunes in Glengarry- Caledon? I usually rush to the far end of Second Life to hear a live band that is any good at all,, and now one is in my homeland!

The Copper Dream made record time, sim-crashing only once

I landed outside the venue, which was 2300Meters in the air. Designed to look like an old quasi-Victorian space, with a bar in the far end, and lounge, I quickly perked to the sounds of "Take Five" , then Let it Be,, Santana and B.B. King and Clapton followed,, every song played  by the members  on Jazzy on drums, Kelly Keyhunter on bass, and an amazing lead guitar by Spike Luckstone.

The small crowd was a Who's Who of Caledon, Cronocloud Creegan, Samm Florian, Beth Pentewyn and her husband Deebee Cooper, and several others who I omit only because my head is a polymer material, not made to hold things like memories very well.

We swayed to "Always On My Mind", got funky to "Mustang Sally" and "Walk Don't Run". A karaoke type background  set the basics, and the musicians really decorated it well with their experience and subtle feel for the genres they played.

I bought new NCore shoes in champagne to go with my Utopia STL dress, and were it not for the superior craftsmanship and materials, they would surely have broken from the stomping and wriggling!

Even a doll knows a great night's entertainment, and I wished I could have stayed longer but it was quite late on a Thursday when they played, ending at 1 AM  Typist time. They ended with  Breezin by George Benson, encored to playing "Smile without a Face", one last chance to break my new heels but they withstood the jumping well.

Please do not take a doll's word for it- look them up in the EVENT search, and see them when you can!

*Rubs her tired but happy feet*

No comments:

Post a Comment