2 Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Quest for Quests




"Thank you," I said as my employee wound me fully, then I pulled the folding pin and hid the key. It can't be wound like this, which is dangerous should I lose track of time, but it's better for my plan.
 Dolls have plans!
My plan was to find fun Roleplay Sims- firstly to mention and promote in my class at Oxbridge. Secondly, I looked forward to a fun fantasy quest !
I popped into the clinic at Dark Rose, where i am a new healer and midwife there. I smiled at the name on the door, proud to aid others with injuries and with their pregnancies with the mama allpa system. I grabbed my Healer bag  tied myself into  my Aria "Lorien" elven leather outfit, and headed out.

My canoe pulled up at Everwind- hopeful from their Search information. I was quickly deflated. Their entry room was poorly textured and compared to other RP sims, was sparse in their instruction posters, pictures of proper gameplay and costume, and generous assistants donating time to get us new people dancing in time with the others. One notecard did say, no combat, and no spells systems, and no high script huds should be used. Hmm...

Some nice textures and images keep me hopeful the poorly explained and cold feeling Everwind will prove fun


Nothing actually tells you about the game being played, not even the people! Two long time members basically ignored my presence, giving me a "looks at the new person" emote. One did state I could look around but could not join in, I was an observer. Without any help from them on how to change that status, I would be a doll on a shelf, something I know a bit about. The textures down on the sim were a bit nicer though, and I vowed, one day perhaps with an experienced member of the sim, I would return to this land with the Ever cold Wind in your face.



The next place looked like a land from my Typist's world!
Toronto,,, I like the way the word falls from the tongue,, perhaps it is an adventure waiting to happen!
   I wandered the streets, deserted at the late hour (2 AM actual Toronto time). The Great Space Needle was looming over head. I found no way to enter it- that would be so neat though! A strange mix of texture and build quality kept me looking around, when a purple horseless carriage came speeding at me! People inside were shooting! From an alley nearby a tall thin man shot back at them!
I ran.
When I finally stopped running I felt bad- what if one was hurt and needed me, the new healer? My chance to prove myself and worth, ran into my realization of how fragile and inexperienced i was.

Do humans ever look in the RP mirror of life, and realize they are First Level?

I was snapped from my thoughts by the tantalizing smell of fresh baked breads, sweet cakes and doughnuts, and the invigorating aroma of freshly ground premium coffee!



"Teeem,  Horrr-Tunz."  I had trouble pronouncing their name but no problem at all refueling my body and aspirations at the coffee shop!
   A steaming cup later, I wiped the frosting from my lips, and headed back to the Shoppe. I would continue my Quest tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet and tasty way to end the story of your travels. Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, but of course, I would, wouldn't I...? Bears love Tim Hortons. And Bunnies.

    ReplyDelete