2 Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Lady Dee'La's Jedi Knighting

"Are there any questions? if not, this concludes my class on Roleplay,,,"  I tried so hard to keep a smooth even pace, but my heart was racing, my Typist's emotions were on overdrive. The class was attentive and I spoke for a moment with them after class, but only a moment,,

they asked about my strange outfit, so I told them- since they were brothers and sisters of the RP sims.
   "After 10 months of arduous study and apprentice roleplay, in 10 minutes, I will be knighted a Jedi. These are the robes of a Jedi Consular."

They were happy for me and it gave me strength- I hurried through the transmogrification and in a blink the familiar lake on Yavin4 appeared.

I waited outside by the lake forever, it is peaceful there, and not at all like the rocky homeworld of Ryloth.The troubles on Coruscant had drained the small academy of its usual numbers, but a few turned out. Mom sat high in the gallery and smiled, sobbing rather loudly. Twi'leks are known for the sensual natures, and she wasn't holding back. It was nice to see her excited and happy for me,, but it was making it impossible not to cry! Daelan was there, newly knighted, and of course Zen, the knight that has taught me so much for the last year. Lore my friend was there, and also to be called up tonight, she seemed very calm. Tots and Nira were on the far side- I hoped Nira would see this and it would make her more excited to achieve her apprentice levels and become a Jedi too!


How many times had I seen them up there? But this time they called up Lore, my good friend! She and I, Daelan and Atlantis, all had come nearly together, and many others had come,, but left. Now it was Lore and I to follow Atlantis and Daelan. Zen seemed his normal collected self though I knew he had just came from a special convention and had traveled hours.
((No, really, he caught a train back from the Walnut Creek California Parade  where he marched as a Jedi all day then hurried back with no sleep for my knighting! You rawk Zen!))


I hugged Lore as she sat down and whispered, "Your turn!"
   "The Force wills it, and we are here to do the will of the Force, Apprentice Dee'La Sesk'Suri, obey the will of the Force and come forth!"
   The ceremony was as brief as it could be, there were few words except perhaps by me.
"Who will speak for her?" Zen said. "I do. I am her Mentor, Sir Zen." The room got quiet, save for some sniffling from mom and her occasional prayer to Kika Lekki in our native tongue. Zen spoke of me being his best pupil so far, and the Council had seen great promise in me. I mentioned that I had learned much, about the path, and realizing while you stand around waiting to walk up to the starting gate and begin something, the gate runs by you the opposite way! we are always learning, always on a journey, and everything we experience and explore is useful and beneficial, in some way.
   At least that is what I meant to say, I was pretty emotional.


 The Igniting, and the Oath, and it was done.


I am Lady Dee'La, KOJ Jedi Consular, Envoy from Yavin4 to Ryloth!

BUT

This is where my story gets its Most deserved happy ending:

for the council then gathered and more came in, from other Jedi Academies they came,  even the legendary Luvbutton Monsoo had come,

"The Force wills it, we we obey the Force, Sir Zen,, come forth!"



I gasped, who wouldn't? Mom wasn't sure what was happening but everyone in the room felt the hairs stand up on end as Zen was called forth to become a Master Jedi.

"Who will speak for him?"
 "I will," Spoke the Grand Master, Iria.
"And I," Spoke Master Kina.


"And I will speak for Zen," Master Trinity echoed.
All the Masters spoke up, that my mentor was truly worthy of this high honor. I was crying, much like now, as I pen this. I wanted to shout, "And I! But it was not my place, and anyways, if all the Masters of an order speak for you, my voice added was just so much tick-tock.


 It felt different, hugging Grand Master Iria, now as a knight. Mom and Lore talked, and of course she invited EVERYONE to come and stay at their estate on Ryloth. I do not think many realize, with above ground land being the premium it is, on Ryloth, for them to own such a large sanctuary and estate is quite notable,, I know dad is rich, with the movie productions, and mom's movies are huge successes ,, but how did they get their land called a religious sanctuary? There is so much I do not know about Dinak, my father, his secrecy, being a member of the Sesk'Nabsilai, mom's meeting him while she studied as a priestess-- my mom? My tired mind wandered.


 As we left, mom had to make a comment about an attractive Jedi, and of course, he came over! Master Viprous was the mentor of Master Kina, and was equally nice,,, and um,, yah, he was nice.

 I grabbed mom's arms and spun around-- we simply had to say thank you to Trinity! She had been there since the first day with me,, she was happy for me, but in a hurry, there was something brewing and she had to go. How long would it be, before the newest Consular Knight would face her first test?


We caught the shuttle off world to the space station, and she was quiet for a while, staring and smiling,, looking away thoughtfully. I was almost worried until my mother looked out the window of the cruiser she boarded, staring at the nearest sun, and with tear brimming in her heart and eyes, in Twi'Lek, she said,, "Thank you Kika Lekki. Thank you."

I have much work to do now, an Envoy office to make, official meetings to start relations with Ryloth, and at this moment, no Ryloth Sim exists. but we shall see! Patience is a Jedi virtue. After 10 RL months of roleplaying these tests and trials, really studying what a bantha is or what a tidal lock planet is, I have learned SOO MUCH that is actually useful in this world to know: SWRP is alive and well in Second Life and I am so glad I decided to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment